We have a particular mission at TMD Marine: To solve our client’s issues through innovative technology that will keep them comfortable onboard. Part of what makes us such a powerhouse in the marine heating and cooling industry is, we aren’t trying to be anything more than that. This gives us the time to perfect our products, spend tons of time with our clients and build exceptional units for the best crews around.
TMD Marine is an exciting place to be right now because we are literally working on projects and products that do not exist anywhere else in the world. Our air conditioning systems are positioned to change the way people spend time on the water entirely.
We attribute our success to the people who have opened up their minds to new innovation and welcome what was once seen as impossible, a generator free air conditioning air handler. The other part of what makes us so dominant is technology, which is what we will talk a little about here.
TMD Marine Technology
Our air conditioners are outfitted with one of a kind pieces of technology. Some of that is mechanical products, some of it is electrical know-how, and the rest of it is brain power.
- Heat Exchangers – For starters, nowhere else in the world will you find our titanium heat exchangers. We manufacture them to withstand the salt environment so they can withstand longer wear and better performance.
- Inverter Air Compressor – This compressor boasts a twin rotary architecture and runs at variable speeds in a range of 600-6000 rpm, and does so without wasting a moment of energy. The expansion system represents a 2 pipe construction which is under patent. An electronic management component evaluates the system to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy are achieved.
- Infrared Smart Sensor – The smart sensors are like having a personal control artist aboard. These sensors pick up on the most subtle temperature nuances and signal the air conditioning unit to adjust according to the desired settings.
- Electronic Expansion Valves – With 500 different adjustments, the expansion valves are at the heart of the air conditioning systems. By using refrigerant lines, rather than hydraulics, the desired temperature is achieved faster and with less energy draw.
- Remote Control GSM – GPS – The GSM modem is always communicating with the CPU to control, which is connected via GPS. Alerts and other signals can alert the crew or captain to what is happening with the air units. Best part, the GPS allows us to work with clients while at sea so we can diagnose anything that may go awry.
- Touch Screen – Command center for the air conditioners is the touch screen display creating a very innovative approach to quality control. This display allows a captain or crew to get hyper-specific about what the air units should be doing in various parts of the vessel. Models come in 4.3” – 15” displays depending on preference.
TMD Marine Masterminds
This is what happens when three men get together to take mechanics, refrigeration, and electronics to the next level and serve a community of people who need solutions. For more than three decades, the owners of TMD Marine have been preparing for this kind of innovation, using every bit of their expertise and history to create solutions for mariners everywhere.
Captains and crews looking for air conditioning solutions can reach out to us online, or by calling us to set up an appointment to talk about the possibilities. (954) 884-8133.